The second WiMAX operator has started its journey in Bangladesh. As far as I could learn from Banglalion’s website, they are offering their services in selected areas of Dhaka City. But definitely they’ll spread out soon. Their offers are cheaper than the first operator – Augere (QUBEE). But they couldn’t get out of the download cap too like qubee. Their offers are as follows:
|Users Pack||Package No.||Speeds||Monthly Subscription (TK)||Monthly Usage|
|Starter||P1||128 kbps||600||3 GB|
|Value Pack (Option A)||P2||256 kbps||1000||5 GB|
|Value Pack (Option B)||P3||256 kbps||1250||8 GB|
|Value Plus (Option A)||P4||512 kbps||2150||10 GB|
|Value Plus (Option B)||P5||512 kbps||2500||15 GB|
|Home Plus||P6||768 kbps||3000||17 GB|
|Home Pro||P7||1 mbps||3750||20 GB|
|Mega Pack||P8||2 mbps||7000||25 GB|
|Jumbo Pack||P9||5 mbps||15000||30 GB|
- 300tk activation fee applies (waive with 1 year sign up)
- Additional Usage Tk. 0.15/MB
- All charges are excluding VAT
Source: BanglaLion Website.
BanglaLion is offering three types of connectivity:
- Connectivity through outdoor unit (costs 10000 taka, supports upto 6 users)
- Connectivity through indoor unit (costs 7000 taka, supports upto 6 users)
- Connectivity through WiMAX Dongle (A pen drive like device for single user)
Their offer’s are more diversified than Qubee. Currently they are offering 9 packages with different Bandwidth and download caps.
They are infact a step ahead than qubee by offering speeds upto 5 mbps. I hope BanglaLion’s entry will initiate a competition between the two operators and will ultimately bring out some really cool offers for their clients.