We recently made a family vacation trip to the Leisure Kalmegha Villa. We rented Villa 21 & 22 for our stay for a single night. The overall experience was a disaster. Their service quality was terrible. We were expecting some decent services from them – but were left heartbroken with what we got after travelling 80KM through Dhaka – Gazipur – Mymensingh hectic road conditions.
1. We paid the full villa rent 2 days before we made our trip, yet at the entrance/reception – we were kept stranded for the Food payment. We had elderly people, children among us and it was like bullshit keeping everybody waiting for the advance food payment even before entering the Villa!! It was a terribly hot and humid day!
2. The second shock was their housekeeping and the stuffs. Right after entering the Villa they said – we need to use the Swimming pool of another villa which is located about 100 meter away from our Villa. CAN YOU IMAGINE? They said the pool with our villa (21 & 22) was under maintenance!! You’ve given your villa in rent and you are doing maintenance on your Pool (which is one of the main attractions)!! Later when we said we will NOT GO to other villa for pool – they started pouring water in the pool with our villa. It was on the evening the pool was filled with water and then we could use the pool. Unfortunately, they didn’t prepare the Jacuzzi which we were supposed to get.
We were supposed to get WELCOME Drink at the Villa. We requested several times but the house keeping said as it was Lunch time they are busy. After we shown our frustration they Finally served us Hot water (!) welcome drink.
3. The stuffs were so rude!! we requested them to serve our dinner at 9:30 as we were already late due to Pool issue. They said NO straight away! They end their service by 10pm and hence they will serve dinner by 8:30 to 9:00. We had no other option but to accept this. Interestingly, they couldn’t prepare the food even by 9:30pm.
4. Their food quality was very bad also. They prepare food in a distant place and bring those to the villa using boxes. By the time they serve their food – it was cold and tasteless.
5. They were supposed to provide us the Table tennis Board. We asked for it and they said it is unavailable as other guests in other villa were using it!! Seriously! so they have only one TT Board that they promise to give to all the Villa users!
Overall experience is very very very bad. A travel destination which is 80KM away from Dhaka (which includes the Tongi-Gazipur hectic road) – needs to provide good services to attract the guests. Unfortunately, the services quality was totally unacceptable. After watching YouTube reviews from some guests, we were expecting similar treatment – but later found – their service varies between normal guests and Vloggers.
I will NEVER recommend Leisure Kalmegha Villas to anyone.